Shire Local News

Teens hurt in gas bottle explosion

Two teenagers were treated for minor burns  to their head and hands after a gas bottle exploded and sparked a fire at a Penshurst youth refuge on Sunday afternoon, police said.

Mortdale and Hurstville fire brigades were called to the refuge and extinguished flames on an outdoor pergola about 4pm.

The fire is not being treated as suspicious and police believe it was sparked by flames from a barbecue and an adjoining gas bottle.

 

Our Sponsors

Want to get involved in community radio?

Why not volunteer your time at our upcoming events…

Join our email list to be notified of what’s coming up! We run a monthly BBQ’s and other community events throughout the year and we are always looking for new volunteers to assist our regular volunteers. Why not join us for some fun and meet new people!