Tune in to 2SSR on Monday April 8th at 10am. Ngaio from Ready in St. George will be on air to discuss with Bob Birkhead in his program ” Breezin ” Drug and Alcohol Education for parents/carers and anyone who would like to know more.
Topics that will be discussed in this insightful session include:
- What drugs are – Stimulants and depressants/Street Language for Drugs
- Signs of substance affects – Behavioural Warning Signs
- Drug equipment – What does it look like?
- Treating overdose and accessing support – What to do if your child or someone else’s child needs help?
- Practical tips – relevant advice on how to engage with your children in conversations around alcohol and drugs
- Legal responsibilities – what are your rights and responsibilities as parents/ legal ramifications
- Where to go – accessing further support
Ngaio Chandler is the Project Officer for The READY Project (Resources and Education on Alcohol and Drugs for Youth) and has worked in the Community Sector for 8 years. READY provides drug and alcohol education to the community and information and referral for young people and their families who need support.
To listen direct tune in to 99.7 FM or via the internet on www.2ssr.com.au
2SSR FM 99.7 proudly supporting these sponsor groups