NRMA Motoring and Services are launching a new Active Retirees Drivers Program in 2014, and are offering Sutherland Shire residents the opportunity to be involved in the pilot session.
The program aim is to deliver relevant, informative, practical and enjoyable road safety messages to drivers over the age of 65 that will help equip them to drive for as long as possible, as safely as possible.
The session will be delivered by an accredited driving instructor with a high level of aptitude for group presentations and will be equipped to answer any topical questions or concerns raised by the audience.
- Risk factors for drivers over 65
- Understanding new vehicle technologies (ABS, Airbags, GPS etc.).
- Choosing a safe vehicle
- Occupant safety
- Intersection Safety
- Road Rule Quiz
- Fatigue management and trip planning
- Safer reversing and manoeuvring (includes blind spots and reverse sensors and cameras)
- Options for when you turn 85
Morning tea will be provided.
The course numbers are limited, so please make sure you book early. Phone bookings can be made after Tuesday 27 January 2014.
When: Start: 9:30AM, 27 Feb 2014
Finish: 12:30PM, 27 Feb 2014
Where:Gymea Tradies 57 Manchester Rd North Gymea 2227