As an active 63 year old, and having taken early retirement 2009, I can reflect upon a successful career in senior management positions across various Industries including Retail, Mining, Agricultural, Oil/Petroleum, Security, Hospitality, Printing, Events, and Disability as well as Military Service (Captain).
Below therefore, is extracted from the full and comprehensive resume, and is a brief bio demonstrating the roles and responsibilities held to date within community service, voluntary, not for profit, charitable and associated organisations.
The bio is provided in support of a desire to offer my services in a voluntary role within a given scope of experience and expertise, so as to contribute to the community.
- Disability Industry ( Not for Profit & Charity status ): Over 14 years – Executive Officer of two NSW Peak Industry Bodies as well as Executive Director and Corporate Manager for two individual Service Providers.
- Scout Association – NSW Branch : 30 years service to date including the voluntary and former role of Chief Regional Commissioner – South Metropolitan Region ( City of Sydney ).
- Member of the NSW Government’s Charity Ministers’ Advisory Committee including a period as Chair
- President, General Manager and On-Air Presenter with Community Radio Association and Station 2SSR 99.7 FM ( Sutherland Shire ) – current part-time voluntary role.
- Founding Commanding Officer ( Major ) – Regional Army Cadet Unit – St George & Sutherland Shire – a Community based youth organisation supported by the Defence Force
All above roles carried the responsibility for, or made contributions to the branding, image, strategic planning and media relations of the organisation, as well as directly managing, advising and counselling staff, stakeholders and service recipients.